Image 1 of 1

05262012__STC3755.jpg

Add to Lightbox Download
Inside the ruins of ongoing restoration work on Baguio Heritage Hill and Nature Park, originally built in 1900 as part of the Dominican Order of the Philippines. It was later used as a summer retreat house and became the Collegio del Santissimo Rosario. During WWII, it was converted into a refuge center and bombed by the Japanese resulting in major devastation. Restoration was slow because of funding and spooky stories of ghosts haunting, until the City of Baguio took over ownership in 2004.
Copyright
Stephen L. Tyler
Image Size
3963x2643 / 4.5MB
Contained in galleries
Inside the ruins of ongoing restoration work on Baguio Heritage Hill and Nature Park, originally built in 1900 as part of the Dominican Order of the Philippines. It was later used as a summer retreat house and became the Collegio del Santissimo Rosario. During WWII, it was converted into a refuge center and bombed by the Japanese resulting in major devastation. Restoration was slow because of funding and spooky stories of ghosts haunting, until the City of Baguio took over ownership in 2004.